DIY Neon Sign Installation: What You Need to Know
Many of our customers order neon signs and are not sure how to install them. Different options are available depending on which use case you’re using and what purpose it serves. This article will provide information on common neon sign installation options as well as how to apply them.
There are 4 ways you can install a sign.
- Mounting on a wall with screws (Drilling will be necessary).
- Hanging or suspending via wires. (Drilling is optional and the wires are easy to move.
- Sitting by a standing table.
- Attaching to surfaces by 3M strips.
Tips to help you before installation.
How to mount a led neon sign using mounting screws
How to hang wires to mount a neon led sign
How to make a LED neon sign with neon lights sitting on a table.
How do I temporarily fix a neon led sign at an event?
How to hide wires from neon led signs
How to operate and control a neon light sign and control using a remote?
TIPS BEFORE INSTALLATION.
1. You may need to ask a friend for help, especially if the sign is complex.
2. For any chance of falling, make sure you always hold onto your sign.
3. Keep your sign safe and away from damage.
4. Instead of carrying the wires, make your sign using acrylic boards.
5. After installation, please do not connect your sign.
HOW TO INSTALL A NEON LED SIGN BY MOUNTING SCREWS?
Mounting screws, which is the default choice, are the most popular option among all installation options. It’s great for installing surfaces like walls or grass/grass backdrops. Not all surfaces can be drilled. Your neon sign can only be moved once it has been mounted with mounting screws. You might want to move it someday, but the old spot may have holes.
1. MARK YOUR SPOT.
Your neon sign should be placed against the wall. Mark the spot using a pencil by marking it on the acrylic board.
2. DRILL HOLES IN A WALL.
Mark each spot and drill holes. Please drill slowly and steadily.
3. FIX THE SCREW NUT INTO THE WALL.
After inserting the wall-anchored anchor into the holes, drill the screw into the hollow base.
4. CONNECT CREW CUP AND SCREW NUT TIGHTLY.
Next, place your neon sign onto the cushion. Make sure that the acrylic board’s holes match the position of the screw nut.
Install a cushion onto the acrylic backboard. Then, connect the crew up and screw the nut tight.
5. PLUG INSIDE AND ENJOY THE NEON SIGN.
HOW to INSTALL a LED SIGN NEON BY HANGINGWIRES?
Hanging wires is a great choice for anyone who wants to mount a neon sign on a front door or window. It is easy to set up, and even easier to do by yourself. For larger signs, however, we recommend having someone help. You don’t even have to drill holes.
Put the wires in holes made of acrylic board and hang your neon signs however you like.
HOW to MAKE a NEONLED SIGN SITTING ON A TABLE.
To make the neon sign stand on a table, you can easily move it around. This is the perfect way to install a neon sign at a bedroom desk or on a wedding reception table. This is the easiest way of installing a neon light sign. All you need to do is place your neon sign on an aluminum stand.
HOW to TEMPORARILY MAKE A SIGN FOR A NEON ELECTION WITHOUT DRILLING.
1. 3M STRIPS
3M strips will allow you to attach your neon signs to walls without making holes.
- Pull apart the strip and click together.
- Add a one-liner to the acrylic back.
- Pull out any remaining liner from the neon sign and press it against the wall.
- Pull off your neon sign and press each section firmly.
- Allow 1 hour for your neon sign alignment to be completed
2. HANGING WIRES
CandyNeon provides hanging wires that don’t require drilling. As explained in the portion of the hanging wire, run the wires through holes cut into the acrylic board. Then hang your neon sign how you want.
HOW to HIDE NEON SIG WIRES?
CandyNeon’s neon signs include 1.5 meters of clear wire and 2 meters of the adapter. These cables are needed to power the neon signs. There are two ways you can hide the wires.
1. BUY A NEW SIGN WITH A COLORED ACRYLIC BOARD.
CandyNeon sells black, silver, gold, and white acrylic boards. You can conceal the wires with colored acrylic boards.
2. HARD-WIRING THE CABLE INTO AN OFFICE
You will need an electrician to hard wiring the cable to the wall. By doing so, you won’t be able to control the light on/off/brightness/flashing with a remote, as the led controller won’t respond to the remote through the wall. But, the electrician might be able to connect your neon sign and a light switch for simple turning on/off.
HOW to USE a NEON LED SIGN and CONTROL WITH A REMOTE?
After you have mounted your neon sign, you need to connect it to power.
1. Make sure the remote is fully charged.
2. Connect one end from the led controller with the clear wire.
3. Connect the opposite side of the led controller with the adapter
4. Control light on/off/brightness/flashing by remote.
It doesn’t make a difference which installation method you choose. Neon sign installation doesn’t have to be difficult. The product already exists, so you can use it to install it however you prefer. These instructions are only guidelines. Many of our customers don’t use any accessories. They just attach it to their own needs.